The goal of week two is to define your "core" style so that you know what is truly you amongst all the things you like to look at, and can form your base wardrobe around that. The exercise is to figure out via the worksheet what words best define your style, and then make a moodboard for it.
1) When you're wearing your favourite clothes, how do you feel? Self-contained, rooted, head-turning, compact, neat, sure. Sometimes a little austere, sometimes sparkling. Ladylike.
2) When you're wearing something that's not quite right, how do you feel? What are the feelings you want to avoid about the clothes you wear? Oversized, ill-prepared, out-of-place, exposed. Not because I'm unhappy about my size/weight, just like I'm taking up too much or the wrong kind of space. If that makes any sense.
3) Who do you consider your style icons? What is it about them that appeals to you? I wouldn't really say I have icons, but some people whose style appeals to me are my mum's good friend Milena, Louise Brooks, most women from the 1940's, Francoise Hardy, governesses. I like a little bit of sternness, a classic silhouette, and clothes that are flattering but functional, too.
4) What are some words that describe styles that you like in theory but aren't quite you? Gamine, whimsical, glamorous, minimalist, high fashion.
5) Look over your answers from last week on history, philosophy, culture, community, activity, body, and location. List at least 15 words that you associate with your answers. Think about descriptive words, moods, and feelings you associate with those things. Different, thoughtful, dignity, heritage, communicative, simplicity, quality, craftsmanship, workhorse, woods, strength, beautiful, uniform, responsibility, enjoyment.
6) Are there any other words you would like to add to this list? What other words describe your core style? Warmth, vintage, poise, intelligence, essential, reliable, neatness, depth, sonorous, liveable.
7) Look over the answers to all the questions above. If you had to narrow your list to only 3-5 words to describe you, which ones would you choose? Heritage, intelligence, essential, depth, rooted.
Visual Exercise: Collect 15-20 images that represent these 3-5 words for you. Here's mine. Apparently my core style is best defined by putting my hands in my pockets. Yours?